French citizens - a valid piece of identification is all that is needed for:
- travel within the E.U. and Switzerland
- tourist travel in Senegal, Tunisia and Turkey.
For any other destination, a valid passport is necessary.
For the following countries, your passport must be valid at least six months after entering or leaving the country: Brazil, China, Egypt, Mauritius, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
For foreign minors living in France:
A valid travel document (such as a passport) is necessary.
Furthermore, minors can obtain a specific travel document to facilitate travel outside the French territory.
This document allows them to benefit from a visa waiver on returning to France or when entering the external borders of the Schengen Area.
On returning to France, these documents are required to:
- re-enter the French territory, or the outer borders of the Schengen Area
- provide proof of French customs approval for presence on the French territory.
Some countries require a visa in addition to your passport. Inquire with your travel agent, airline or the consulate of the destination country.
Inquire as early as possible about the health risks at your destination. This is also a good opportunity to check that your vaccinations are up to date
Important : required vaccination should be administered 10 days to 2 months prior to departure.
An up-to-date Vaccination Card is required for the following destinations :
- Intertropical Africa and the Amazon basin - Yellow fever
- Minimal hygiene areas - Hepatitis A and Typhoid
- Tropical areas - Hepatitis B
- Sub-Sahara Africa – Meningitis
- Some countries - Rabies
- Some countries, particularly during epidemics - Meningococcal meningitis A & C or Cholera
Medical and vaccination centres:
Paris-Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2 - +33 1 48 62 28 01
Paris-Orly Terminal Sud (Yellow fever) - +33 1 49 75 45 14